Re: [MOL] Tasro@aol.com/Claudine Hope [02033] Medicine On Line

Re: [MOL] Tasro@aol.com/Claudine Hope

Claudine.. I cannot offer you a prognosis that is without any bias; as I am
a 14 month cancering survivor of Adenocarcinoma of the lung.  I found that
knowing that I am a cancering survivor each day as I awaken is the most
honest way that I can plan my life.  I found that belief is the most
constructive way to live every day.  If we only have room for one thought in
our subconcious, then I chose to believe that I will live.

When I was given the odds of survival, I found myself with my claws in the
ceiling afraid to let go...  What a roller coaster my life became and still
is.  The cancering journey is a lifestlye change...  I was very much like
you in that I thought I could handle anything.. I too was a big girl and not
shy...

The cancering journey has enhanced my big girl image...  I am now honest
enough to admit that I cannot handle anything and some days I just plainly
handle things better than others..  Where I thought it was weak to cry I now
find it healing, as I am releasing the toxicity of stress and I want my
immune system to be just as big and strong as it can, to fight off and kill
the cancer cells..

No doctor, nor anyone here can tell you when you will die Claudine.  No
matter what the odds...  I just posted a message tonight to Sandi about my
half sister who was given 100% odds of dying within 24 hours and she is very
much alive today, over a year later..

There are many sites that you can go to do research.  There are clinical
trials that you can see if you might qualify for and choose to be a part
of..  The cancering journey is not without hope.  You know that the
statistics that are given are based on 100 people.  So, as in my case I was
initially given the odds of 30-40% survival for 5 years..  As I became more
enlightened, I came to understand that actually meant that 30-40 out of
every 100 would survive.  That is when it clicked and I understood that
there are two ways to view any issue..  I chose to view it that even if I
were given the odds of 1%, I would be the 1 to live.

Myself, I would find a doctor that is not trying to take God's job away.  It
is in God's time that we will pass on to heaven.  You need a good supportive
doctor that will believe with you and encourage you to be a cancering
survivor.  Greg Anderson who is a two time lung cancer survivor wrote a book
called "50 Essential Things to Do When the Doctor Says It is Cancer".  I
would recommend this as your first book.  It is clear, concise and gives a
good overview of the journey that you have embarked on.   There are many
more wonderful books to help you.  Back to the two types of thoughts.. Pick
the positive.

Claudine, there are people as we speak that are being killed in car
accidents, shootings etc.,  they are not as blessed as those of us who are
on the cancering journey..  You see, they never saw it coming and never got
to do anything any better, grow more, share more, love more, live more....
Their lives ended abruptly.  Those of us on the cancering journey get a
chance to look at life and do now all that we would to make this a better
place for us having been here...We get a chance to open our hearts and share
more, we get a chance to say we're sorry, we get the chance to opt for
happiness today and not put things off until tomorrow..

You sound like a very healthy person physically and mentally... so please be
a very strong person in faith.. The faith that you are a cancering
surivivor...May God Bless you and guide you on this journey... Carla