Re: [MOL] MYLEFIBROSIS [01859] Medicine On Line

Re: [MOL] MYLEFIBROSIS

Der Friend:  I hope that I have helped you in your findings and if we may be
of further service, pls. just ask.  Your friend, lillian

Anemia Classification
Anemia is one of the most common problems found in medical practice
Anemia in Lab shows:
Decrease in Hgb. Less than 13 gm/dl in men and 12 gm/dl in women
Decrease in rbc
decrease in hct
Symptoms
Reduction of oxygen transportation : fatigue, dyspenea, syncope, angina
pectoris
Reduction in blood volume : pallor, hypotension
Increased cardiac output : palpitations, hemic murmurs, congestive heart
failure
Different ways to classify anemias
Size and hemoglobin content of rbc
Mechanism of its production
Classification according to size
macrocytic normochromic : pernicious anemia, folic acid def. and chronic
liver disease
normochromic normocytic :acute blood loss, and hemolytic anemias
microcytic normochromic : neoplastic
microcytic hypochromic : Fe def. thalassemia, sideroblastic anemias
Classification according to mechanism
Blood loss acute and chronic
Excessive destruction of rbcs
Decreased production of rbcs
Blood Loss
Acute
external: trauma, nosebleeds, ob complications
internal: GI bleeding, (ulcers, diverticules, varies)
Chronic Bleeding
GI
Vaginal
Nosocomial
Fetal and postnatal
Excessive destruction of rbcs
Hereditary: spherocytosis, elliptocytosis, HbS, etc.
Aquired:alloantibodies, ( ex; incompat. blood transfusion)
autoantibodies, paroxysmal cold hemoglobinuria
drug induced antibodies,penicillin
infections, malaria
Decreased Production
Nutritional def. ( inadequate intake)
defective adsorption: lack of intrinsic factor to adsorb vitamin B 12
increased demand: pregnancy
Bone Marrow Failure
Chemicals : drugs, radiation
Idiopathic : aplastic anemia
Endocrine: adrenal, pituitary
Myelophistic: leukemia, lymphoma, myleofibrosis

% Guestbook for Bone Marrow Transplant  - Thank you for visiting our pages.
We would love it if you would Add to this guestbook we are keeping! Here's
what other people have to say! I've noticed several people looking for first
hand information on the marrow harvesting procedure.
http://www.uchsc.edu/uh/marrow/www/guestboo.htm
Search for more documents like this one

^ :http://www.cc.columbia.edu/cu/healthwise/0556.html
Description :Leukemia -
^ :http://pages.prodigy.com/MD/sey/MDleuk2.html
Description :Leukemia - Leukemia Society of America/Maryland
^ :http://www.leukaemia.demon.co.uk/patinfo.htm
Description :Leukemia Booklets and Leaflets
^ :http://www.meds.com/mol/leukemia/index.html
Description :Leukemia Information Center -
^ :http://www.mdacc.tmc.edu/~leukemia/insights.html
Description :Leukemia Insights Newsletter
^ :http://www.acor.org/diseases/hematology/Leukemia/
Description :Leukemia Links
^ :http://www.leukaemia.demon.co.uk/index2.htm
Description :Leukemia Research Fund
^ :http://www.leukemia.org/
Description :Leukemia Society of America
^ :http://www.mediconsult.com/frames/emphysema/frames/leukemia
Description :Leukemia/ Lymphoma Patient Information
^ :http://www.leukaemia.demon.co.uk/myeloma.htm

Leukemia
Leukemia Information Center --Medicine Online

What is Leukemia? --Leukemia Research Fund Booklet

Leukemia Overview --Memorial Sloan Kettering Cancer Center

Living with Leukemia --The University of Texas MD Anderson Cancer Center

Leukemia Society of America --Maryland Chapter

CNS Complications of Leukemia --The University of Texas MD Anderson Cancer
Center

Adult Acute Myeloid Leukemia (patient version) --The National Cancer
Institute

Adult Acute Myeloid Leukemia (physician version) --The National Cancer
Institute

Leukemia Links