[MOL] Recipes [01783] Medicine On Line

[MOL] Recipes

Hi Molers

I received alot of email saying the recipe attachment files weren't working
out so well, so I decided to type them below.  I sure hope this works.  Below
are my Lasagna Recipe and Artichoke Recipe.
Bon Appetite.  I want to hear how you like them.  I don't mind
criticism...that is how I learned to be a cook.
Love ya
PJ
p.s. If you don't get these recipes then I will have to come to your home and
cook them.

------------------
LASAGNA

4-5 BOXES OF LASAGNA
2-3 LARGE CONTAINERS  OF RICOTTA
3 LARGE PACKAGES OF MOZZARELLA (diced small)
6 CLOVES GARLIC (SLICED)
5 CANS TOMATO SAUCE (BIG CANS)
2 CANS TOMATO PASTE (SMALL CANS)
5 BASIL LEAVES
1 TABLESPOON OREGANO
1 TABLESPOON WHITE OR RED WINE
1 TEASPOON BLACK PEPPER
EXTRA VIRGIN OLIVE OIL
VERY LARGE PAN (find a pan that fits the size of the lasagna sheets). I use
the black lasagna pans which are just a bit larger than the macaroni.   I
place one lasagna piece vertical to the other pieces so the entire pan is
utilized.
---------------
Sauce

Place approx. 5 tablespoons oil in bottom of pot (low heat).
Place diced garlic, pepper, oregano
Simmer for a few minutes
Add Tomato Paste and  fill paste jar with water to empty out leftover paste
into pot
Add Tomato Sauce
Add wine and basil leaves
g.  Cook on low for about 30-40 minutes.

__________________________________
Lasagna

1. Cook about 8 pieces (you be the judge) at a time in boiling water (add 2
tablespoons olive oil to water so the lasagna’s don’t stick). Cook them as the
box indicates. Stir regularly so that they cook evenly, gently so they do not
break.  While they are cooking lay down a large strip of wax paper or aluminum
foil on your countertop.  Pull out the cooked lasagna and lay them out.  Now
add the next batch to the boiling water.
2. Dabble sauce on bottom of pan.  (so as lasagna’s won’t stick)
3. Place one layer of lasagna. (to overlap just a little)
4. Place tablespoon gallop of ricotta (about 2 inches apart from each gallop).
5. Sprinkle mozzarella (use as much as you like).
6. Dabble sauce over (not to much)
7.Now repeat all above for as many layers as you desire.
8. Top layer should only be Lasagna with sauce on top.  Use plenty of sauce so
they don’t burn or dry out
Cover with aluminum foil.
Place in oven 350 degrees for 30-40 minutes.

_______________________

STUFFED ARTICHOKES

6 large artichokes
1 ½ cups breadcrumbs
Extra Virgin Olive Oil
¼ cup parsley
¼ cup basil

Mix breadcrumbs with parsley and basil.
Cut the bottom stem of the artichoke so it is flat to the bottom of the
artichoke so that they will be able to stand up on their own in the pot.  Take
CLEAN scissors and begin to cut the tip of each leaf all around the artichoke.
Cut the top of the artichoke so it is flat topped.
Wash artichokes thoroughly. Turn them upside down on papertowel to dry out.
Open it with your thumb and spread it as far open as you can.  With a teaspoon
start stuffing the artichoke as much as you would like and also make sure you
stuff the leaves on the outside as well.
My trick to adding the oil is to take a turkey baster and fill it up with
olive oil and begin to squeeze the olive oil in the artichoke and also stuff
each leaf outside the artichoke.   Don’t worry about how much olive oil to use
just keep filling up the baster.
Put about 3 inches of water in a pot.
Add 1 tablespoon of oil to the pot.  Place the artichokes in the pot and
cover.
Every ½ hour add more water as it will evaporate out. Every ½ hour keep
checking the artichoke if you can pull off the stem with no effort they are
ready.  If not cook another ½ hour and keep adding water.  It is very hard to
judge how long it takes to cook the artichokes.  For me personally it takes
two hours because I slow cook them.  If you aren’t as patient you can cook on
medium.  I like picking the largest artichokes that I can find, because the
smaller artichokes are harder to stuff.