[MOL] Thank you for prayers & update.... [01763] Medicine On Line

[MOL] Thank you for prayers & update....

Thanks to everyone out there that I've been asking for prayers.

I spent the night with my father and stepmother (Virginia).  Yesterday and
last night I helped her with chores she cannot do and chopped up the ice on
the sidewalks and salted them.  This morning I took them for my father's cat
scan.  I didn't attend Mass and I took a day off work to accomplish this.

Today is quite awful. My Dad is being so intolerant, Virginia (Va.) is still
crying.  She cried all day while I was there because of how verbally abusive
he is to her (and to me) and she feels that he hates her. He told her she
ruined his life (entirely untrue); if not for her I would've lost him years
ago.  Yes, she aggravates him with stupid things (like sharing her fears with
friends about his personal hygiene problems regarding his weakened health and
loss of control) but he instead of confronting the embarrasment at the time,
he runs on a slow burn, then blows up over the wrong things.  He was very
nasty to me too, but quite sweet and polite to the medical personal as usual.

Va. said she had to drive him back to redo the scan after I left (she is
having trouble walking herself - just home from the hosp for her heart) and
she is frightened because there is BLOOD in his urine!!!!  He denies even that
-- good thing he gets examined by the Dr tomorrow.  I always leave there
wondering if my presence did more harm than good.  It's such a no-win
situation.  I believe that this is all due to the depression caused by the
chemo, for which he has been prescribed "Zoloft".  He's a smart guy and
figured that out, so he won't take it!  Instead he's aiming all the depression
into anger at his closest loved ones.  It's the old story about leading a
horse to water, but you can't make him drink it.  In this case, you HAVE to
care for the ornery horse, but have no control over how often or how hard he
kicks you.

Please pray for all of us.  My father will NOT accept ANY outside help and his
doctor supports this.  She will not communicate with the family and neither
will he.  I am truly afraid to my very soul...

Chris