Re: [MOL] Frank cancelled trip,Christine [01462] Medicine On Line

Re: [MOL] Frank cancelled trip,Christine

I can certainly understand why some women do it.  I had my mastectomy in
1990 but I don't know if those genetic tests had been developed then.  And
up to 1990, I was the only woman in my family who had breast cancer; my
mother died of the disease in 1991.  Maybe if my situation had been more
like the ladies in the story, I might have done things differently.

I had already learned from other experience with surgery that any kind of
surgery is experienced by the body as a trauma and that there was a risk,
just with the administration of general anesthesia of dying.

I wonder also about the relevance of the study; I guess I would have to go
read the journal article.  It seems that there would have been so many
independent variables in the lives of the women included in the study that
it would have been impossible to control for.

Regards,

martha Cerreto