Re: [MOL] brain tumor/Reply [01422] Medicine On Line

Re: [MOL] brain tumor/Reply

Welcome to our wonder forum:  I have attatched some information for you
below.  I have a benign tumor and was given tamoxifen as adjunct therapy for
breast cancer.  The Doctor also felt that the tamoxifen would keep the tumor
from growing.  We were not able to find out; as I had a serious alergic
reaction to the tamoxifen and had to go off of it.    I thought that the
newest treatment for brain  tumor was thalidmide.  I would suggest if your
sister has not had a second opinion that she get one and that she only deal
with the best at the best cancer facility.  This is her life we are talking
about.  You may want to call the NCI also @ 1-800-4-cancer and also ask them
for trials.  If we may be of further help to you, plsa. just ask and know
that we will be keeping your sister in our prayers.  Your friend, lillian

http://cancer.med.upenn.edu/

http://www.ncl.ac.uk/~nchwww/guides/clinks1.htm