[MOL] Here is your Official Qualifying Exam ! [00507] Medicine On Line

[MOL] Here is your Official Qualifying Exam !

                OFFICIAL QUALIFYING EXAM

  QUESTION #1:
Name the Beatles - both the first and last name of each, of course.
Consider this a warm-up.
[If you can't answer this one without thinking, close up the test,
and move on to something else. We have nothing further to discuss.]
   ______________________________  ______________________________
   ______________________________  ______________________________

  QUESTION #2:
Finish the line: "Lions and tigers and bears, ____ _____!"
Admittedly, this came along before we boomers were born. But we
remember it from both the movies and the boob tube.

  QUESTION #3:
"Hey kids, what time is it?" ______ _________ ________ ________.

  QUESTION #4:
What do M&M's do? _____ ___ ______ ________, _____ _______ _______.

  QUESTION #5:
What helps build strong bodies 12 ways? _________ _________.

  QUESTION #6:
Long before he was Mohammed Ali, before he was The Greatest, we knew
him as _________ _________.

  QUESTION #7:
"You'll wonder where the yellow went, _____ ____ ______ _____ ______
_____ ___________."

  QUESTION #8:
Those post-baby boomers, or baby boomer wannabes, know Bob Denver as
the Skipper's "little buddy." But we true boomers know that Bob Denver
is actually Dobie's closest friend, _____________ G. _____________.

  QUESTION #9:
M-I-C: See ya' real soon; K-E-Y: _____? _________ ___ ______ _______."

  QUESTION #10:
Definition: A "streaker" is someone who might go running through the
lobby of the girls' dormitory ______________.

  QUESTION #11:
"Brylcream: ___ ________ _______ _______ ______ _______."

  QUESTION #12:
Bob Dylan advised us never to trust anyone ________ ____.

  QUESTION #13:
From the early days of our music, real rock 'n roll, finish this line:
"I wonder, wonder, wonder...wonder who; _______ _______ ____ _______
___ _______."

  QUESTION #14:
And while we're remembering rock n' roll, try this one: "War...uh-huh,
huh...yea; what is it good for? ___________ ____________."

  QUESTION #15:
This is from a kinder and gentler protest song, but the question is
just as profound: Where have all the flowers gone? Perhaps you could
use a little help here:
"Where have all the flowers gone, long time passing? Where have all
the flowers gone? ____ ______ _____ _______ _____ ______ ____."

  QUESTION #16:
Meanwhile, back home in Metropolis, Superman fights a never-ending
battle for truth, justice, and ____ _______________ _______.

  QUESTION #17:
He came out of the University of Alabama, and became one of the best
quarterbacks in the history of the NFL  and later went on to appear
in a television commercial wearing women's stockings.  He is Broadway
______ _____________.

  QUESTION #18:
"I'm Popeye the sailor man; I'm Popeye the sailor man. I'm strong to
the finish, ______ __ _____ ___ _______.  I'm Popeye the sailor man."

  QUESTION #19:
Your children probably recall that Peter Pan was recently played by
Robin Williams, but we will always remember when Peter was played by
___________ ____________.

  QUESTION #20:
In the movie, The Graduate, young Benjamin, played by Dustin Hoffman
was counseled about his future, and told to consider one thing:
_______________.

  QUESTION #21:
In another movie from the late sixties, Paul Newman played Luke, a
ne'er do well who was sent to a prison camp for cutting off the heads
of parking meters with a pipe cutter. When he was captured after an
unsuccessful attempt to escape, the camp commander (played by
Strother Martin) used this experience as a lesson for the other
prisoners, and explained, "What we have here, ____ ___ ___________
_____ _________________."

  QUESTION #22:
In 1962, a dejected politician chastised the press after losing a
race for governor while announcing his retirement from politics.
"Just think, you won't have ________  ____________ to kick around
any more."

  QUESTION #23:
"Every morning, at the mine, you could see him arrive; He stood six
foot, six, weighted 245.  Kinda' broad at the shoulder, and narrow at
the hip. And everybody knew you didn't give no lip, ___ ____ _______."

  QUESTION #24:
"I found my thrill, _____  ____________ __________________."  You may
remember Riche Cunningham singing this. But if you are a true boomer,
you know it was Fats Domino who made this line famous.

  QUESTION #25:
"Good night, Mrs. Calabash, ___________  ____  ____." This originated
long before even the first of us boomers was born.  But in order to
be a true baby boomer, you have to have some breadth.

  QUESTION #26:
"Good night, David." "_________ _________,__________."

  QUESTION #27.
"Liar, liar, ______ ___ _____."

  QUESTION #28.
"When it's least expected, you're elected; You're the star today.
Smile! _______ ___ _______ _______."

  QUESTION #29.
From our parents' day, as I recall, it was Pogo, the comic strip
character, who said, "We have met the enemy, and ____ ____ _____."

  QUESTION #30.
Who put the bop in the bop she-bop she-bop?

  QUESTION #1:
Name the Beatles - both the first and last name of each, of course.
   [John Lennon        Paul McCartney]
   [George Harrison    Ringo Starr]

  QUESTION #2:
Finish the line: "Lions and tigers and bears, [oh my!]"

  QUESTION #3:
"Hey kids, what time is it?"  [Its Howdy Doody time.]

  QUESTION #4:
What do M&M's do?  [Melt in your mouth, not your hands.]

  QUESTION #5:
What helps build strong bodies 12 ways?  [Wonder Bread.]

  QUESTION #6:
Long before he was Mohammed Ali, before he was The Greatest, we knew
him as  [Cassius Clay.]

  QUESTION #7:
"You'll wonder where the yellow went, [when you brush your teeth
with Pepsodent.]"

  QUESTION #8:
Those post-baby boomers, or baby boomer wannabes, know Bob Denver as
the Skipper's "little buddy." But we true boomers know that Bob Denver
is actually Dobie's closest friend,  [Maynard G. Krebs.]

  QUESTION #9:
M-I-C: See ya' real soon; K-E-Y:  [Why? Because we like you.]

  QUESTION #10:
Definition: A "streaker" is someone who might go running through the
lobby of the girls' dormitory  [naked.]

  QUESTION #11:
"Brylcream:  [A little dab will do ya.]"

  QUESTION #12:
Bob Dylan advised us never to trust anyone  [over 30.]

  QUESTION #13:
From the early days of our music, real rock 'n roll, finish this line:
"I wonder, wonder, wonder...wonder who;  [who wrote the book of love.]"

  QUESTION #14:
And while we're remembering rock n' roll, try this one: "War...uh-huh,
huh...yea; what is it good for?  [Absolutely nothin'.]

  QUESTION #15:
This is from a kinder and gentler protest song, but the question is

just as profound: Where have all the flowers gone? Perhaps you could
use a little help here:
"Where have all the flowers gone, long time passing? Where have all
the flowers gone?  [Young girls picked them, every one.]"

  QUESTION #16:
Meanwhile, back home in Metropolis, Superman fights a never-ending
battle for truth, justice, and  [the American way.]

  QUESTION #17:
He came out of the University of Alabama, and became one of the best
quarterbacks in the history of the NFL  and later went on to appear
in a television commercial wearing women's stockings.  He is Broadway
[Joe Naymoth.]

  QUESTION #18:
"I'm Popeye the sailor man; I'm Popeye the sailor man. I'm strong to
the finish, ['cause I eats me spinach.]  I'm Popeye the sailor man."

  QUESTION #19:
Your children probably recall that Peter Pan was recently played by
Robin Williams, but we will always remember when Peter was played by
[Mary Martin.]

  QUESTION #20:
In the movie, The Graduate, young Benjamin, played by Dustin Hoffman
was counseled about his future, and told to consider one thing:
[plastics.]

  QUESTION #21:
In another movie from the late sixties, Paul Newman played Luke, a
ne'er do well who was sent to a prison camp for cutting off the heads
of parking meters with a pipe cutter. When he was captured after an
unsuccessful attempt to escape, the camp commander (played by
Strother Martin) used this experience as a lesson for the other
prisoners, and explained, "What we have here, [is a failure to
communicate.]"

  QUESTION #22:
In 1962, a dejected politician chastised the press after losing a
race for governor while announcing his retirement from politics.
"Just think, you won't have [Dick Nixon] to kick around any more."

  QUESTION #23:
"Every morning, at the mine, you could see him arrive; He stood six
foot, six, weighted 245.  Kinda' broad at the shoulder, and narrow at
the hip. And everybody knew you didn't give no lip,  [to Big John.]"

  QUESTION #24:
"I found my thrill,  [on Blueberry Hill.]"  You may remember Riche
Cunningham singing this. But if you are a true boomer, you know it
was Fats Domino who made this line famous.

  QUESTION #25:
"Good night, Mrs. Calabash,  [wherever you are.]"  This originated
long before even the first of us boomers was born.  But in order to
be a true baby boomer, you have to have some breadth.

  QUESTION #26:
"Good night, David." "[Good night, Chet.]"

  QUESTION #27.
"Liar, liar,  [pants on fire.]"

  QUESTION #28.
"When it's least expected, you're elected; You're the star today.
Smile!  [Your on Candid Camera.]"

  QUESTION #29.
From our parents' day, as I recall, it was Pogo, the comic strip
character, who said, "We have met the enemy, and  [they are ours.]"
  (Some believe it is: [he is us.]  Take your pick.)

  QUESTION #30.
Who put the bop in the bop she-bop she-bop?
[Who put the ram in the ramalama-ding-dong?]

Special thanks to Steve Newman (Certified Trivia Master) and
                  Chuck Rawlings (Certifiable)
---

Speaking of exams...

    A college dean was berating a veteran economics professor for
having used the same tests for the past 35 years.  "Don't you
realize, professor, that the students have been sharing these tests
for decades and that all of your students know EXACTLY what's on the
test before they sit for it?"

    "Doesn't matter," replied the professor, "I just keep changing
the ANSWERS."