[MOL] adenocarcinoma unknown primary [00498] Medicine On Line

[MOL] adenocarcinoma unknown primary

Barbara, I have been diagnosed with adenocarcinoma, primary unknown in Dec
1997. The original symptom was a pleural effusion and the fluid tested
positive for adenocinaroma cells. So far I have had ultrasound, CT scans, a
laproscope with biopsies of the abdominal wall and reproductive glands and
blood and tumour markers. I was offered no treatment as the original doctor
said that there was no real protocol for me as all these tests were
negative. I am still have no symptoms. We "fired" the first doctor and now
have a new oncologist. She can't offer anything more in way of diagnostics
(this is Canada)as it would not help in treatment. So we found a
radiologist doing research in Ontario (the other end of the country) who
will do a PET scan for free. I am finally booked for a colonscopy as well.
We immediately started on a megavitamin therapy plan, saunas, a major diet
change, essaic and walking. Prayer and meditation helps as well. A positive
attitude helps. In fact, we have explored a lot of alternative therapies as
well all designed to boost the immune system so that it can fight off the
cancer invasion.
My latest x-ray and blood and tumor markers are normal so I must be doing
something right. I can't say what exactly the "something right is, though.

Research and keep hope alive. Please keep in touch with MOL. You will find
a lot of help and support here.

Jeanne

At 01:30 PM 12/30/98 EST, you wrote:
>Thank you very much for your notice on the internet regarding adenocarcinoma.
>My husband has been diagnosed with adenocarcinoma unknown primary.  His only
>symptom is a swollen leg due to cancer in a pelvic lymph node.  the lymph
node
>was biopsied and found to be adenocarcinoma.  No primary site has been found
>in spite of colonoscopy, cystoscopy, prostate exam and numberous CT scans.
 He