Re: [MOL] Not Much -- Just Chatting [00315] Medicine On Line

Re: [MOL] Not Much -- Just Chatting

Hi Kathy!
There's a town I like to visit, pretty close to here called Cold Spring.
It's on a hill that slopes down to the Hudson River.  There are a lot of
nice shops.  The houses are all close together, a little beyond the
sidewalk.  It always makes me think of how it must have been before TV
when, I guess, people sat out on their porches, in part, for amusement, and
knew and said hi to just about everyone that went by.

I never saw much of anything like that in my life, growing up in the
subburbs of Long Island.  Sometimes I feel I missed something and am still
missing it, i.e., life in a smaller city has charms still that I don't see
in New York state.

People say Rudolph Guiliani has changed New York city; that now it is
safer, better, etc.  I hadn't been in very much for a while, until I had to
start going back to the doctor and was always of the opinion that nobody
could change New York.  but lately I think maybe he did or something did.
But I think I miss the old New York; you know, the hustlers, the 3 card
monte players!  I wouldn't want to hang out with them, but there was an air
of danger I miss...a little.  Now it seems to be a city only for the rich.

Love you muchly,

Martha