RE: [MOL] U.S. Scientists Find Chemicals For Cancer Therapy [00295] Medicine On Line

RE: [MOL] U.S. Scientists Find Chemicals For Cancer Therapy

Title: RE: [MOL] U.S. Scientists Find Chemicals For Cancer Therapy

Hi:  I went through very aggressive chemo last winter.  I still have residual side effects, even though my last treatment was in May.  For the diarhhea, my doctor prescribed a medication much like Amodium AD; I think it's called something like Loporamide.  For the severe nausea, my doctor gave me Zophran.  It's very expensive, but I couldn't have survived without it, I don't think, because I couldn't keep anything down.  I was on a clinical trial, so my doctor gave me pretty much whatever I needed to keep me as comfortable as possible, but I think most doctors will do the same for their patients. This isn't natural therapy, obviously, but it was certainly effective.  I tried various natural remedies for the intestinal problems, but they didn't work for me.  Hope this helps.  Kathy in Boise