Re: [MOL] TO ALL MOLERS! Greg.... [00246] Medicine On Line

Re: [MOL] TO ALL MOLERS! Greg....

In a message dated 1/4/99 12:01:23 PM Eastern Standard Time, firefly@islc.net
writes:

<< Subj:	 [MOL] TO ALL MOLERS!
 Date:	1/4/99 12:01:23 PM Eastern Standard Time
 From:	firefly@islc.net (lillian jennings)
 Sender:	owner-mol-cancer@lists.meds.com
 Reply-to:	mol-cancer@lists.meds.com
 To:	mol-cancer@lists.meds.com (M)

 Dear Friends:  Many of you have grown to know Greg, some of you may say Greg
who?  Greg is a MOLER who temporarily is not able to be on line due to his
cancer treatments.  He is presently in the hospital.  To those of us who know
Greg, we have deep love and respect for.  His beauty comes out in poems and
music and no matter how he felt he would others how they felt.
 I think it is only fitting that we dedicate this e-mail to Greg and to lift
him up in all our prayers.  Your friend, lillian

 Greg's Favorite Poems

 Here is a collection of poems and quotations that you might enjoy.........

 THE DASH
 I read of a reverend who stood to speak at a funeral of a friend.
 He referred to the dates on her tombstone from beginning...to end.
 He noted that first came the date of her birth and spoke of the following
date with tears,
 but he said that mattered most of all was the dash between those years.

 For that dash represents all the time that she spent alive on earth,
 and now only those who loved her know what that little line is worth.
 For it matters not how much we own; the cars, the house, the cash.
 What matters is how we live and love and how we spend the dash.

 So think about this long and hard, are there things you'd like to change?
 For you never know how much time is left (you could be at "dash midrange").
 If we could just slow down enough to consider what's true and real,
 and always try to understand the way other people feel.

 And be less quick to anger, and show appreciation more
 and love the people in our lives like we've never loved before.
 If we treat each other with respect, and more often wear a smile,
 remembering that this special dash might only last a little while.

 So, when your eulogy is being read with your life's actions to rehash....
 would you be pleased with the things they say about how you spent your dash?

 ~Author Unknown

  IF TODAY

 If you planted Hope today
 In any hopeless heart,
 If someone's burden was lighter
 Because you did your part,
 If you caused a laugh
 That chased some tears away,
 If tonight your name is named
 When someone kneels to pray,
 Then your day has been well spent.

 ~Author Unknown

  ALWAYS HAVE FAITH IN YOURSELF

 It is not easy to live life sometimes
 And face the world with a smile when you're crying inside.
 It takes a lot of courage to reach down inside yourself,
 Hold on to that strength that's still there,
 And know that tomorrow is a new day-with new possibilities.

 But if you can just hold on long enough to see this through,
 You'll come out a new person-stronger,
 With more understanding and with a new pride in yourself
 From knowing you made it.

 ~Kathy Obara

 Greg you get better, you have a big cheering section here, and tons of
prayers.  You know what our Doctor told us?  If the Chemo doesn't make you
sick, it is not working, so it sounds like yours is working, so try and hang
in here and fight.
We all love you here on MOL.
Love and prayers to you,
Nanc