[MOL] THREE CONTRACTORS [00037] Medicine On Line

[MOL] THREE CONTRACTORS

THREE CONTRACTORS

Three contractors were visiting a tourist attraction on the same day.
One was from New York, another from Texas, and the third from
Florida.

At the end of the tour, the guard asked them what they did for a
living.  When they all replied that they were contractors, the guard
said, "Hey, we  need one of the rear fences redone.  Why don't you
guys take a look at it and give me a bid?"  So, to the back fence
they all went to check it out.

First to step up was the Florida contractor.  He took out his tape
measure and pencil, did some measuring and said, "Well I figure the
job will run about $900.  $400 for materials, $400 for my crew, and
$100 profit for me."

Next was the Texas contractor.  He also took out his tape measure and
pencil, did some quick figuring and said, "Looks like I can do this
job for $700.  $300 for materials, $300 for my crew, and $100 profit
for me."

Without so much as moving, the New York contractor said, "$2,700."

The guard, incredulous, looked at him and said, "You didn't even
measure like the other guys!  How did you come up with such a high
figure?"

"Easy," he said. "$1,000 for me, $1,000 for you and we hire the guy
from Texas."