Re: [MOL] Oncologist (Mary) [13660] Medicine On Line

Re: [MOL] Oncologist (Mary)

Dear Divya,

My husband was diagnosed with stage lV non small cell adeno carcinoma
of the lung in May of 98.  He has had 4 chemo treatments of TAxol and
Carboplatin.  It takes about 4 hours, every three weeks.  He is
scheduled for 2 more treatments and then they are talking about
radiation.

He had a CT Scan after the first 2 treatments and the cancer remained
unchanged.  At least it didn't grow!  He has mets to the chest cavity
and ribs and some other bones as well.  They will do another CT scan
on the 12 th of August.

He is in very little pain.  Occasional pain in back but thats it.
They only time he really feels bad is after chemo for about 3 to 4
days.  Muscles and joint aches, nausea, and a general fatigue.

Please let me know if I can be of more assistance.  When was your
husband diagnosed.  How old is he?  My husband is 42 and we have 4
children.

I will pray for your husband.  A positive attitude is half the battle.

God Bless You,
Mary