Re: [MOL] Roll Call.... [13658] Medicine On Line

Re: [MOL] Roll Call....

Lillian,
    You really do know how to flush us out and it is so wonderful of you to keep
track like this. George and I are still here in the sagebrush of southern
Oregon. He has just completed 3 treatments of gemzar and navelbine, his
treatments with taxol and carboplatin did very little if any good. They say he
cannot be radiated because the cancer has spread to his entire right lung and it
would completely eradicate the lung to give him radiation. Not very good news,
but he is in pretty darn good spirits considering. Was doing some fishing until
this week, when the last chemo treatment slowed him down. He did develop and
terrible rash that did not itch but looked like gigantic hives all over, and one
leg got really swollen from the gemzar, but no clots, in fact they told him his
vessels looked great. He still has a fairly good appetite and has not lost any
weight to speak of. He does sleep a lot.
     I faithfully read everything on the forum and relate it to George, but
mostly he just wants the jokes. He does enjoy them. They are great you guys,
keep them coming.
    Thanks for caring so much. Your friend, Joan