Re: [MOL] Joke for the older set!! [13631] Medicine On Line

Re: [MOL] Joke for the older set!!

Mary,
This may turn out to be far off the mark, but I felt I should mention it
just in case.  Y'know, perhaps the stomach cramps could be unrelated to
cancer and the treatments.  You can get severe stomach cramps w/mucous
colitis (which I have) brought on by foods you eat or just by stress.  I
had such terrible cramps on my  honeymoon that Tom asked if he needed to
call for an ambulance (of course, that wasn't necessary).  Usually the
cramps are accompanied by alternating constipation & diarrhea.  Often the
pain doesn't abate until after a bowel movement.  Fibercon usually gets
the system regulated again.  As I said, I might be far off of the mark on
this & it might be related to the cancer instead, but there is a chance
it could be the mucous colitis, if not, because he certainly must be
under a great deal of stress and that triggers this.
-Jean