Re: [MOL] To Mary L [13629] Medicine On Line

Re: [MOL] To Mary L

Hi Mary,
I am new to this list, but my husband also has severe cramping.  He has
colorectal cancer and has had surgery to remove part of the colon.  He was
hospitalized with mucositis after severe pain and fevers during the first
round of chemo.  When they started the combined chemo and radiation, he has
developed what he calls severe cramping that puts him on his back.  He is
trying Lomotil to calm down the contractions in the bowels, but  the Dr's
think the radiation and chemo have left his intestines very raw and
irritated. He was taking Imodium every day but it didn't help at all.
He was told that this should improve after all treatments.  Meanwhile he is
in pain and basically unable to go anywhere. His pains always start after a
bowel movement and last for hours afterwards.
I don't know if this is the same thing your husband is experiencing, but
having our DR watch it is what we are doing.
Take care,
Sandi