Re: [MOL] new email address [13608] Medicine On Line

Re: [MOL] new email address

Dear Christine,

thank you for that message. Have added to our addressbook which is
becoming so long I have to get a 6 foot long computer, yikes and lol.

YOu previously asked about a ca-125 tumor?  Pls tell this dummy again
what the diagnosis is? thanks

A ca-125 tumor marker is a somewhat less than accurate test or blood
test that is like DNA tested. It initially points out a gynocological
problem say when it is elevated above 35 (normal) it may indicate an
ovarian cancer. Yet is also may suggest a disease in other parts of the
body, but essentially and most of the time ovarian. Now this is not an
accurate test, but for Ovarian type diseases it is the only test that
is  available to indicate a problem or concern.  Now, this test is
generally a marker in which when taken every two to three months, say
after chemotherapy, charts the progress of the results and disease. Hope
this explains somewhat.

God Bless
marty