Re: [MOL] Why you should continue on this list [13585] Medicine On Line

Re: [MOL] Why you should continue on this list

Dear Liz,
I want to thank you for the book list and for writing to me as I really
enjoy reading your posts.  You're very good for this group.  Your
interesting.  Your fun.  Your wonderful.  I just wanted to add a little to
what Lillian said.  I learned this just today at the educational brief that
Rich had.  It was info on chemo but I would say it applies here too.  (He
starts this Mon. at 9:30 a.m.) ) You really have to give yourself a break
after the surgery you had.  You have to give in to the fatigue and rest.
The nurse said that you will want to have the energy that you once had and
you will get it back slowly by taking care now.  I wish that you could have
healed like Rich did.  Hardly any pain.  He was sewn up the back and the
front and had an ostomy.  Why do some have to suffer so?  I wish I knew.  I
am a very active and on the go person and I would also have a problem with
taking it easy.  A big problem.
I am thinking of you and wishing for a nice big fat book for you to read to
keep you happy while you mend a little more.  Maybe I'll call Jean Auel and
tell her we need that last book.  She lives here in Oregon somewhere.  Love
you....Vicci

----------
> From: lillian jennings <firefly@islc.net>
> To: mol-cancer@lists.meds.com
> Subject: Re: [MOL] Why you should continue on this list
> Date: Thursday, July 30, 1998 6:01 PM
>
> Dear Liz of Y.:  Whew am I glad you got off the pity pot, there are so
many
> people waiting in line for it.  LOL!  Pls. know that the blues are part
of this
> journey and those blues keep coming back to haunt; so understand that we
do
> understand and love you just the way you are.  Here's a big cyber hug for
you.
> That fatigue keeps you knowing that you are not fully recovered yet and
dear
> heart it takes some time to fully recover; so please be patient with your
body
> and don't beat up on your self.  You have too much to offer society and
too much
> work to do in helping other's both in the class room and out.  I said the
same
> thing when I first came on the line.  I said: "look at you Lillian,
sitting
> there blubbering and you have nothing compared to what you are reading".
I was
> reading about an 18 mo old child with brain cancer. So; I do my best not
> whine; but even today 3 year's later ( I had a mastectomy) my muscles
hurt, my
> rib cage hurts, my back hurts, my legs hurt, my head hurts, my legs and
feet
> cramp up and it goes on and on.  So three year's later I still sometime
yank the
> pity pot from John (he coined the phrase and I love It) and cry.
Sometimes I
> cry because I am so thankful to be alive.  You are doing very well in
such a
> short time, I know it doesn't appear short to you ; but it is Liz.  You
know we
> are always here for you and by the way that was a nice picture of you in
the
> album.  Thanks for sending it in.  In regards to the 70 year old lady, I
> couldn't begin to guess what would be best, I just hope she has someone
who will
> stay with her as she goes through treatment.  Thanks for writing, Love,
Lillian