Re: [MOL] Guardian ad litem's/Vickie [13584] Medicine On Line

Re: [MOL] Guardian ad litem's/Vickie

Dear Lil,
What a story.  I forgot to add that my last court report was probably 10-12
pages long as this family had not had a court hearing in 1 1/2 years.  Mom
had both her kids but was supposed to do some parenting and drug
counciling.  Which she never did.  Back to my point.....This whole court
report was factual reporting and only in one place did it allow for my
opinion and my thoughts.  I had pages and pages of interviews, from
neighbors to professionals and most of it quotes.  I wrote the good reports
along with the bad.  I couldn't imagine someone thinking they were so
powerful they had to make things up.  And I sure would hope that someone
along the way would figure out that an advocate was using meds. or
drinking.  Why didn't anyone complain about these people?  Oh well, they
are gone now.  We have monthly potlucks where everyone comes and talks
about their cases.  We did have one elderly man and woman that didn't last
long at all.  The male CASA couldn't figure out why the mother was not
allowed to have men spend the night.  He thought she was being denied her
sexual rights.  BAM he was gone.  He did a bunch of other goofy things too.
 So I guess you interview them and let them train, but you watch them
close.
Gotta go nighty night....I'm falling over in my chair.  Love to you Miss
Lillian
Does your hubby laugh all the time at you... You are on a roll tonight.
Feel Good     Vicci

----------
> [...]
> addict.  So again delayed for 1 month, the mother went for testings, no
sign.
> Back to court and the guardian ad litem said she drinks and is in bars
all
> night, going from one bar to another.  Well the young mother was going
from one
> bar to another, she was selling roses and making pretty good money to
take care
> of her family, and was up all day with her children and she doesn't
drink.  So
> the guardian ad litem said she would have to give up her job, and the
judge said
> OH YES OH YES!  Meanwhile she had to survive on $200.00 cash, to buy
formula,
> diapers, paper products, elect., water; clothes; as her husband never
paid one
> cent to the upkeep of their children, she repeatedly went and told the
courts
> where he lives, what state, where he was working.  The courts finally
caught up
> with him and is making him pay $250.00 a month, no medical and he owes
more than
> $30.000 in back child support.  The court now takes from the mother a
certain
> amount of the children's child support for back payment to them.  You
figure it
> all out.....  Now, they have a new law, the mother has two year's to get
off of
> that whooping welfare or they are cut off.  Well, thet's good everyone
should
> work; unless you have a full handicap child, but when the jobs in your
area are
> the Mc Donald Syndrome at $5.15 a hr., no tips how is a mother to do it?
> Especially if she can't afford a car and insurance on top of it all and
> medical.  This is where the injustices are also.  I agree drugs and all
this
> living together has added so much to the downfall of our children.  Here
we are
> in America, telling everyone about sweat factories in bombay and we have
abused,
> starving, neglected children in our own country.  We are spending
millions to
> teach the Africian Nation how to teach in schools, yet our children are
> mutilated!  No justice my friend.  By the way the guardian ad litem was
fired,
> because the lawyer found out she was on very heavy medications, the
second
> guardian litem was fired because she had a drinking problem and the third
> guardian ad litem was wonderful.
> Vicci Ewen wrote:
>
> > Hey Girlfriend,
> > That's an awful thing to happen to children.  In Oregon I think the
> > opposite is true.  People are afraid to call in on abusive parents.
Some
> > do but then our services called, SCF, has to find something wrong.
They
> > take no ones word for it.  Thank God.  Vendictive people are
everywhere.
> > There has to be real trouble before SCF even takes it on as a case.  A
CASA