RE: [MOL] Re: feelings and Photo Album [13508] Medicine On Line

RE: [MOL] Re: feelings and Photo Album

Sheila:
I lost my grandmother 10 years ago to pancreatic cancer and felt just like
you are feeling now.  My grandmother was a big part of my life and I used to
have lunch with her everyday.  I was the same routine, I would call her at
11:30 am everyday and ask her what she was doing.  She would always reply
that she was making lunch for me (my job was right around the corner).
Right after her funeral I became angry when everyone was telling me that she
can still see me..after all, no one died and came back to tell about it.
But I think my lack of faith was due to the fact that someone very near and
dear to me had been ripped out of my life.  That same night I had a dream
about her.  I believe to this day however, that this was more that a dream
because I asked her "what are you doing here?  You are supposed to be
dead?'"  She started to speak and I quickly interrupted her.  I said" I have
to ask you a question, is is true that you can still see me?"  And she
replied, with a huge smile on her face, "if only you knew how I can see you
now".   I still get goosebumps when I repeat this story because I knew it my
heart that my grandmother is waiting to see me again some day.  And
everytime something significant happened in my life she would appear to me
(my engagement, wedding day, etc...).
However, right after she died, when the funeral was over and everyone went
on with their lives, at 11:30 am I would have a big empty space and not know
what to do....it takes alot of time to heal from a great loss like the one
you just experienced.      Cathy