[MOL] ADvocacy Conference in Washington [13474] Medicine On Line

[MOL] ADvocacy Conference in Washington

Subject: Advocacy Conference

Ovarian Cancer National Alliance

The Ovarian Cancer National Alliance Advocacy Conference

SILENT NO MORE

September 24-25, 1998 Washington, D.C.

What is the Advocacy Conference:

        For the first time ever, advocates, caregivers, health care =

professionals, and policy makers will have the opportunity to come =

together to learn about ovarian cancer medical and public policy issues,

=as well as about awareness and advocacy tools to advance an ovarian =

cancer agenda. Scheduled so that we can join the Sept 26th "MARCH" that

will bring cancer activists across the country to Washington, D.C. to=

draw national attention to all cancers, this first ever national

conference for the ovarian cancer community promises to be an historic

and exciting event. Learning and working together, we will lay the

foundation for our community to become effective advocates for change at

the federal level and in our own communities.

Who should attend:

Ovarian cancer survivors; at-risk women; families; caregivers; health

care professionals; community health outreach workers; women's health

advocates; federal and state policy makers; and others working with the

ovarian community.

When:         Registration    -12 noon, Thursday, September 24

                    Sessions and Workshops -Thursday afternoon through

Friday afternoon =

September 25   Reception        -5:30-7:30 pm, Thursday,

September 24

                    "THE March" -Saturday, September 26

Where:       Embassy Suites Square Hotel

                    2000 N St., NW

                    Washington, DC 20036

                    (202) 659-9000

                    Special conference rates will be available until

July 22  @ $99 per night single; $129 per night double.

Be sure to tell the reservation agent that you are with the Ovarian

Cancer National Alliance

Preliminary Program Topics

a.. Science of ovarian cancer: basics, treatment options, and the future

    b.. Understanding the federal health care structure=20

    c.. Educating women and health care providers=20

    d.. Understanding clinical trials=20

    e.. Effective legislative advocacy=20

    f.. Advocacy at community level=20

For more information, write us at:

Ovarian Cancer National Alliance

P.O. Box 33107

Washington, DC 20033

call us at 202-452-5910

e-mail us at ovarian@aol.com

Hope this information Benefits those that need to learn and understand,

whether Ovarian or any cancer that there are advocates who wish to

helpand support.

God Bless

marty auslander