Re: [MOL] Web Sites for Gynoclological Diseases [13416] Medicine On Line

Re: [MOL] Web Sites for Gynoclological Diseases

Marty,
I didn't catch all of this conversation, but don't forget my case.  My
doctor wanted me to go for a siegmodoscopy (sp?) at age 42 because I
appear to be in perimenopause.  Apparently they start doing this test
when women go through the change.  When I called the office (another
doctor's office that has the equipment for this), I was told that the
doctor will want to take to me about whether to get the siemodoscopy or
the colonosopy, since (1) I'm going through perimenopause, and (2) I have
some cancer in my family, not to mention that my dad's sister had colon
cancer.  Another thing to think about is that the colonoscopy (which you
have to be put out for) reaches further up into the colon than the other
test.  And you don't have to get re-tested for 8-10 years, whereas you
have to get the siegmodoscopy every 5 years.

Correct me if I'm wrong on any of this or if I've misunderstood the
issue.  I just thought I'd throw in my own 2 cents on this since I'm
learning  a little about it right now.
-Jean