[MOL] Oncologist [13364] Medicine On Line

[MOL] Oncologist

Hello everybody,

Angelo had his fourth chemo treatment today and while we were
seeing the doctor I asked her what she knew about stereotactic
body radiosurgery, and also about photodynamic therapy.  He
reaction really ticked me off.

She asked me how I knew about these procedures and I told her
I found them on the Internet.  Well she just rolled her eyes
and gave me a lecture on how we should not trust anyting on
the internet.  She went on to say that people on the internet
seemed desperate and do not think logically about their treatment.
They attempt to treat themselves when they don't really know
what they are doing.

Well THAT MADE ME MAD!!  I tried to stay calm and asked her what
she knew about these two treatments.  She said the radiosurgery
was just for the brain.  I informed her that she was wrong!, that
Dr. Lederman sent me a video tape showing the procedure being
done on the lung also.  She sort of changed the subject.  So again
I asked what she knew about photdynamic therapy and she thought
it was a procedure were they hook you up to a machine for days.
Obviously she didn't know a thing about it.

Well for some reason my husband is afraid to upset the docotor
in fear that he will not get the best treatment from her.  I have
to sit there and bite my tongue!

I called the 800 number for photodynamic therapy and they are
anxious to meet with us.  Angelo wants to wait and finish his two
remaining chemo treatments and see how the next CT Scan turns out
before we try anything different.

Thanks for letting me vent,
God Bless
Mary