Re: [MOL] Lillian, where did your mind take you... [13298] Medicine On Line

Re: [MOL] Lillian, where did your mind take you...

Dear Liz,
OK I give, what's Pre-history?  I took a print of this so I can look up
these books in the library.  Have you read Jean Auel's books, Clan of the
Cave Bear and the series?  I can't wait for that last book.  It's been
years since she wrote the last one but I just finished reading all of them
recently.  My husband told me how good they were but I try not to read
books that are over 2 inches thick.  Just kidding.  I love fiction but find
I also love books on hypnosis, IQ books which tell about how they give
those tests and why, I have an IQ test that has some great questions.  I
will pop a few onto the MOL list and let our friends have some fun.  Then
the books on mental illness are just facinating.  I've read a lot of books
on abused children, children of alcoholics, drug addicted parents and their
families because I am also a CASA (Court Appointed Special Advocate)  In
the East they are called "gardian ad litem" as some advocates of children
are and have to be lawyers in some states.  I have 3 cases right now,
meaning 3 different families that are in crisis.  It is so fulfilling to
know that I can make a difference (if only a small difference sometimes) to
a child.  I will tell you more about this if you are interested.  I get off
track very easily.  Back to books:  I also collect Calligraphy books or
books in the crafting area.  Like bookbinding or airbrush or papermaking.
This craft is very big in the Northwest.  How about you in Yakima?  Do you
know any calligraphers?
Lillian on our list used to teach calligraphy at a local school.  ( Isn't
that right Lillian, a school?)  I sure haven't had much time in the last
couple of years to work at it but I get a workshop in here and there.  I
also collect quote books, poetry, etc. like Bartlett's book of Quotations.
I'll never be able to calligraph even 1% of the ones I already have, but if
I need a good quote or poem I bet I've got it.  The MOL list was talking
about limericks and I found a book in Seal Beach, Cal. two years ago at a
book store that I couldn't pass up.  It is 3 inches thick and every
limerick in it is filthy.  Now that's something to brag about, huh?  In
fact I just turned around to see if I could find it but I think I hid it.
It is so funny.  I'll have to find a few printable ones and let our friends
read them.  Let me know what other books you've really enjoyed.  Almost
midnight......Nighty Night Liz   Feel good and stay out of this heat.
Uggggg       Love ya,     Vicci

----------
> From: Elizabeth Patterson <eapat@ewa.net>
> To: mol-cancer@lists.meds.com
> Subject: Re: [MOL] Lillian, where did your mind take you...
> Date: Sunday, July 26, 1998 4:14 PM
>
> Ah Vicci,
> Another reader. I can hardly wait for the times when I have time to read
> something just for fun. I am reading a Pre-history novel by Linda Lay
> Shuler,called "Let the Drum Speak" It is a sequel to "She Who Remembers"
> which I enjoyed a lot.
>
> How are things going for you. I hope things are smoothing out.
>
> Weekends do seem to race by, actually so do weeks. Take care
>
> Liz
>

> >             l am actually in the middle of  the V C Andrews books,
Logan