Re: [MOL] TO MARTY FROM VICCI [13297] Medicine On Line

Re: [MOL] TO MARTY FROM VICCI

Dear Marty,  I'm not sure which msg you wanted me to resend to MOL but this
is the latest update I put out on his medical condition.  Sorry I am unable
to figure out how to edit out all the attached msgs.  We have also been
talking about Rich's moods, which range from very nice if he wants
something and very rude if he doesn't.  And all in between.  My friends
here on MOL have been able to suggest that we have him tested for bi-polar.

That's where we are with him right now.     This letter is in response to
yours dated 7-23  6:06AM  Subj: Been missing you....            I am really
late in answering some of these posts.........       About being exhausted:
 tonight I went in to feed the new cat that adopted us and my husband found
me a few minutes later laying on our bed playing with our 3 year old
grandchild.  He asked me,"I thought you came in to feed the cat"  "Oh yeah,
I forgot".  I got the cat food out of the fridge and was going to warm it
up a
little  in the microwave.  All of a sudden I heard the microwave making
popping noises.  I wasn't concerned, I was just thinking someone put in
some popcorn, forgetting that I was warming cat food.   I think I should
put myself to bed.  If the following is not what you wanted, please let me
know and I will search again.    Thanks Marty   A big hug for you and Barb.
       Love   Vicci

----------
> From: Vicci Ewen <vicci@wave.net>
> To: mol-cancer@lists.meds.com
> Subject: [MOL] Update on Rich
> Date: Wednesday, July 22, 1998 10:52 PM
>
> Dear Friends,
> I only get a few e-mails answered then have to get up and see to
something.
> That's why I haven't been able to answer all the mail yet.  I'm trying
> tho.....
> Just got done opening over 200 today and by the time I did that there are
> 100 more to open......We are just one gabby group, wouldn't you say?
>
> Anyway,  We went to the oncologist yesterday and I'm still trying to
absorb
> everything she told us.  I like her alot.  Spent time with us, answered
all
> our questions.
>
> Rich has Rectal Adenocarcinoma, Duke C or Stage III.  I knew there was
> something I didn't know.  But they only found this out after Rich's
surgery
> as
> the Dr. took 9 lymph nodes out around the cancer site and 6 of the 9 were
> infected.  Sooooooo.....we start 5-6 months of chemo and radiation in the
> next week or two.  First 5 days of Chemo and then a resting period and
then
> 5 more   days of it and then some radiation and so on.  They will use 5
FU.