[MOL] Going to Meet God [13289] Medicine On Line

[MOL] Going to Meet God

I Believe this was posted some time back. thought I would post again as

it is truly cute and a great thought to ponder over. Take care all and

be well.

God Bless

marty auslander

An Afternoon in the Park

There once was a little boy who wanted to meet God.  He knew it was a

long

trip to where God lived, so he packed his suitcase with Twinkies and a

six-pack of root beer and he started his journey.

When he had gone about three blocks, he met an old woman. She was

sitting

in the park just staring at some pigeons. The boy sat down next to her

and

opened his suitcase. He was about to take a drink from his root beer

when

he noticed that the old lady looked hungry, so he offered her a Twinkie.

She gratefully accepted it and smiled at him. Her smile was so pretty

that

the boy wanted to see it again, so he offered her a root beer. Once

again

she smiled at him. The boy was delighted!

They sat there all afternoon eating and smiling, but they never said a

word.

As it began to grow dark, the boy realized how tired he was and he got

up

to leave. He turned around, ran back to the old woman and gave her a

hug.

She gave him her biggest smile ever.

When the boy opened the door to his own house a short time later, his

mother was surprised by the look of joy on his face.

She asked him, "What did you do today that made you so happy?"

He replied, "I had lunch with God. You know what?

She's got the most beautiful smile I've ever seen!"

Meanwhile, the old woman, also radiant with joy, returned to her home.

Her son was stunned by the look of peace on her face and he asked,

"Mother,

what did you do today that made you so happy?"

She replied, "I ate Twinkies in the park with God.

You know, he's much younger than I expected."

By Julie A. Manhan

from Condensed Chicken Soup for the Soul

Copyright 1996 by Jack Canfield, Mark

Victor Hansen & Patty Hansen