Re: [MOL] Something to ponder on friends! [13251] Medicine On Line

Re: [MOL] Something to ponder on friends!

My cousin had her 4 and 8 year olds read some of their favorite books onto
tapes for their mamaw who was in the hospital for a month during a stem
cell transplant.  The 5 year old read books he had memorized.  The 8 year
old undertook to read the Velveteen Rabbit, a fairly difficult version of
this book.  The tape went something like this.  (story), "Mamaw, I have to
take a bath now, I will be back as soon as I can." (story) "mamaw, mommy
says it is time for bed, so I will finish tomorrow."  etc.    It uplifted
her spirits and now is a precious memento of her grandchildren.  My cousin
read her mother's favorite book, Anne of Green Gables, to her mother on
tape.  This took 4 tapes.  It really helped her mother through the long
rounds of chemo and the lonely days in the hospital.

Bottom line, my 2 1/2 year old is the biggest source of hope and joy in my
life.  She does nore for me than any of my treatments.