[MOL] Something to ponder on friends! [13143] Medicine On Line

[MOL] Something to ponder on friends!

  ***   BENEFITS OF STRUGGLING   ***

 A man found a cocoon of a butterfly.  One day a small opening appeared,

 he sat and watched the butterfly for several hours as it struggled to
 force its body through that little hole.

 Then it seemed to stop making any progress. It appeared as if it had
 gotten as far as it could and it could go no farther.

 Then the man decided to help the butterfly, so he took a pair of
 scissors and snipped off the remaining bit of the cocoon.  The
butterfly
 then emerged easily.  But it had a swollen body and small, shriveled
 wings.

 The man continued to watch the butterfly because he expected that, at
any
 moment, the wings would enlarge and expand to be able to support the
 body, which would contract in time.

 Neither happened! In fact, the butterfly spent the rest of its life
 crawling around with a swollen body and shriveled wings.

 It never was able to fly.

 What the man in his kindness and haste did not understand was that the
 restricting cocoon and the struggle required for the butterfly to get
 through the tiny opening were God's way of forcing fluid from the body
 of the butterfly into its wings so that it would be ready for flight
 once it achieved its freedom from the cocoon.

 Sometimes struggles are exactly what we need in our life. If God
allowed

 us to go through our life without any obstacles, it would cripple us.
We
 would not be as strong as what we could have been. And we could never
 fly.

 "Count it all joy, brethren, when you encounter various trials, knowing

 that the testing of your faith produces endurance.  And let endurance
 have it's full effect, that you may be complete and perfect, lacking in

 nothing."

--
MZ