[MOL] Re: Good Points! [13127] Medicine On Line

[MOL] Re: Good Points!

Dear Lillian,

Well, I'm no expert.  But from what I've seen, part of the detox is to give
patients some kind of sedative-like drug to make the detox easier and
reduce withdrawal systems.  It is admittedly something I would only want an
expert to evaluate.  But my experience has only been seeing people in
psychiatric hospitals.  The door is locked, there's nowhere much to go.  So
you're not really in a situation where somebody would be trying to control
themselves by white knuckling it, as they say.  There is a physical length
of time after which a person's body is detoxified from alcohol.  They will
always be in recovery, as they say, as I like to think I will be for many a
moon in recovery from cancer!

Lots of Love, Lillian,

Your friend,

Martha Cerreto