Re: [MOL] Liz [13076] Medicine On Line

Re: [MOL] Liz

Liz, for starters, no apologies are ever needed! You are doing what you
need to, and I want you to take care of yourself. So, it's good that you
listen to your body.

I had my surgery about 3 years ago, and I'm still cancer-free, praise
God. In may case, with all the surgeries I had plus the chemo, it was
about a year or so before things got back to normal. My friends who have
had lumpectomy and radiation get back to normal much faster. In some
ways, it's hard to believe I ever had cancer, even though there are
still the frequent tests and chek-ups. but that's a small price to pay.
As far as work, I actually got a major promotion less than a year after
I finished up. Ironically, the President of the seminary where I work
said that my approach to my cancer was partly responsible for it. I
mention that only because cancer can be one more opportunity in life "to
show what you're mad of," as my grandmother used to say. There IS life
after cancer, Liz! So hang in there. Love, Joicy