[MOL] Re: Carl [13018] Medicine On Line

[MOL] Re: Carl

Hi Carl, my name is Carla...  I have NSCLC adenocarcinoma..  I did have
surgery and had my right lung removed...  Stage IIb.  I most certainly can
relate to the inadequacy of x-rays for diagnosis... I had 3 sets done and
nothing was found..  the last set had been done in July and it was in
September that they found the tumor.. Seems it had been growing for around 3
1/2 years..

When I saw an oncologist and they said that I would only be monitored with
x-rays.. I went on and saw another...  Been there, done that, and don't
believe much in them..  I am heading in Friday for my 9 month check up and
it will be an x-ray.  Now they assure me that they will be able to find
something better than before,as they know what they are looking for.  Me, I
am still glad when I have a PET scan done...   It is so much better and as
it can find a tumor of only .5cm, I feel alot better..

Well, I just wanted to send you a welcome to the forum...  I am sorry that
you are here as it means you are on the cancering journey, but since you
are...it is one of the best places for you to be my friend... God Bless you
and I am glad that you are doing so well.. How long has it been??    Carla