Re: [MOL] Radiation Oncologist-Hope-reply to Mary [12945] Medicine On Line

Re: [MOL] Radiation Oncologist-Hope-reply to Mary

Dearest Mary,

Thank you for your profound message. The force in which we all, whether
survivors and/or caregivers deserve is good health care. WE pay for it,
we deserve it and we expect to get it. When that doesn't happen after
all diplomacy fails, then we have the right to demand the care that is
needed for us in order to progress towards good health. Now, when we
have to go beyond the borders of diplomacy it causes great additional
stress and limits our ability to heal. That should not be ever happen
and yet it does because we deal with human beings who are in many ways
not touched personally by this disease and see us as another client.
That is cold and callous I know but many times true.  I find that no
matter if we all had the best health care in the world, as long as you
are dealing with human beings that either don't care or understand our
needs and who the client is, then we will constantly have this problem.
The  stem or root of this is that we need to educate them on good and
Godly values and virtues and the essentials to compassion and
understanding that their job is dealing with lives and not just clients.

I am ranting, but I loved your reply and thought I would get my two
cents in again. Thank you Mary and let the force be with you.

God Bless
marty auslander