Re: [MOL] Radiation Oncologist-Hope [12943] Medicine On Line

Re: [MOL] Radiation Oncologist-Hope

Dear Donna,

This works for us. Here is a true scenario. Barb had a chest x-ray taken
on June 26th along with many cat scans of entire body and numerous blood
tests. On the 6th of July we saw her ONcologist and I always get copies
of tests and journalize them in Barbs books of her histology at home for
present and future reference.  We are volunteering for Childrens
Hospital of orange County and they needed a copy of her chest x-ray. I
went back to Barbs Onc, as I noticed that was one test he didn't have or
give us, and they said they would fax. Lo and Behold one day passes, I
call them again and they tell me the x-ray wasn't read, now this is just
about a month now. I told them the situation and also wondered why Barbs
Onc didn't question that as well.  At any rate they said they would fax
to us as soon as the x-ray was read. Well another day goes by and
another and then yesterday I hit the roof. I called and told them that
they said the x-ray was suppose to be read STAT since the neglected to
read it in the first place. I threatened to go to the Administrator and
I would have as I have called them before, for something more pleasant,
and again lo and behold they faxed me the x-ray within one hour after I
called. Now this did not have to happen, but you have to be stern after
diplomacy does not work.

That is my thought and that applies to whatever any survivor or
caregiver needs, because we pay for that service. They work for us, we
do not work for them.

God Bless
marty auslander