Re: [MOL] Have you heard of this? [12929] Medicine On Line

Re: [MOL] Have you heard of this?

Sheila:  I have been researching the web to find something on your request to no avail.  This does not mean that it's not there.  When you go to Ocono Link, site address listed below they have a section on the side effects of each Chemo Therapy.  I would also suggest that you call NCI 1-800-4-cancer with this questions and information about trials.
I would suggest that a second and perhaps even third opinion be gotten.  Click down and I have all the sites listed for you and good luck.   I know that this is devastating news for all of you and if we may be of further help, please call upon us.  Your friend, Lillian American Association of Health Plans
Membership Department
129 20th Street NW, Suite 600
Washington, DC 20036
(202)778-3200
Web site: http://www.aahp.org/
Insurance industry trade association that will provide information on insurance and health care issues.

Blue Cross and Blue Shield Association
675 North St. Claire Street
Chicago, IL 60601
(312)440-6000

Department of Health and Human Services
Inspector General Hotline
Office of the Inspector General
P.O. Box 23489
Washington, DC 20026
(800)368-5779
U.S. government hotline for complaints regarding Medicare or Medicaid; provides assistance with issues of entitlements, benefits, insurance, and community resources.

Disabled American Veterans
807 Main Avenue SW
Washington, DC 20024
(202)554-3501
(202)554-3581 FAX
Web site: http://www.dav.org/
Provides assistance with health benefits for U.S. veterans.

Hill-Burton Free Hospital Care
5600 Fishers Lane, Room 7-47
Rockville, MD 20857
(800)683-0742 Hotline
(301)594-5999 FAX
Web site: http://www.hrsa.dhhs.gov/bhrd/dfcr/dfcrmain.htm
U.S. government program that can arrange for cost-assisted care for disadvantaged individuals at certain medical facilities or hospitals.

National Insurance Consumer Hotline
1001 Pennsylvania Avenue, NW
Washington, DC 20004
(800)942-4242
Provides assistance in finding insurance coverage, information on insurance issues and a consumer complaint service.

                                            SUPPORT SERVICE TRAVEL

                                             Support Services: Hair Loss

Look Good, Feel Better
The American Cancer Society
(800)395-LOOK
Teaches women who have undergone cancer treatment how to improve appearance through cosmetics, wigs, scarfs, etc.

Y-ME WIG
212 West Van Buren Street, 4th Floor
Chicago, IL 60607
(800)221-2141
(312)294-8598 FAX
Web site: http://www.y-me.org/
Provides donated wigs free of charge.

SheilaSims@aol.com wrote:

My brother, with newly diagnosed lung cancer, non small cell, stage 111b, is
deteriorating so fast--20pounds weight loss past month. Started chemo, one
round, but had such pain in ribs--other side from the tumor mass I think.
They have just told my sister-in-law that the cancer(tumor?) cracked a rib-
thus the pain.
Now saying 2 to 6 mo. versus 6-12.  And all this since feeling some back pain
and alittle weaker only about 6 weeks ago.  They said it must have been
growing for a long time.  Have you heard about the cracked rib from cancer?--I
think bone scan just taken doesn't show metastasis to the bone. I am soooo sad
and mad.
Sheila S.