[MOL] Update to Joicy, Carla, Lillian [12898] Medicine On Line

[MOL] Update to Joicy, Carla, Lillian

Hi!  I am doing Okay, thanks for asking!  I went to the onc on July 10th
(because he wanted me to decide whether to start chemo again or not since
the malignancy from Dec. 1996 was still hanging around).  I think that I
told both of you that once he told me to think about this, we cancelled a
trip to Europe that was to have taken place July 20-Aug.5.  I just didn't
want to be travelling with chemo hanging over my head.  Anyway, when I went
back in (this time with my husband in tow) we had a LONG talk with the onc.
The first thing that he did was to apologize to me for forgetting that the
biopsy from Dec. 1996 was not clear and at that time we had decided not to
do anything for awhile.  So, to make a long story short, we are doing
NOTHING again!!  He said that there has been no change over the last year
and a half, so until I have some sort of symptoms, he doesn't really want
to treat me.  He feels that my immune system is strong at this point (or I
guess things would be changing) and starting chemo against something that
may not be necessary at this time would only weaken my immune system.  Does
this make sense?

So, we spent last week in Santa Fe, NM and had a wonderful time.  Hot but
not as humid as it has been in Ohio this past week.  And, I figure that
Monet's Garden will still be there next summer.  After our son's wedding on
June 19, we may need a vacation!

Joicy, did you say that you work in the library at Princeton Seminary?  Did
I tell you that our son works at the Firestone Library there on Princeton's
campus?  He is working there this summer (until he leaves for London on
Aug. 3rd).  He has really appreciated the air-conditioning there this past
week since his dorm is not cool.  One night when I called, he told me his
entertainment for the evening was to sit around and watch his roommate
sweat!  Sounds like fun?!?!?

For some reason I am not able to get into Ross' MOL album website since we
returned from NM.  I was able to see the pictures at the beginning but now
all I get is a black page.  Can you send me the web address?  Maybe
something has gone wrong with that.  I bookmarked the site, and I seem to
get there, but I can't see anything but black.  I was really enjoying
looking at his updates from day to day.

Mary Ann