Re: [MOL] Welcome Back! [12887] Medicine On Line

Re: [MOL] Welcome Back!

Dear Nancy,  What a beautiful tribute to your father.  My dad is VERY
special to me also.  When my husband was stationed in Germany and I joined
him there I took with me his 7 month old grandson.  My mom has told me
since that I almost broke his heart.  To this day he is a nut about the
babies.  Now they are his great grandkids.       I was in Germany for 1
year and I received a letter EVERY day from this special father.  He's
pretty nuts about his own kids too.  He's 72 and everybit of himself is
involved with us kids or being caregiver to my mom.  I'll tell you about
her another time.  She's real special in her own right.  How do some people
get so lucky as to have two wonderful parents.  We did just celebrate their
50th Wedding Anniversary and I'm still smiling about that.  We sure had a
great time.  Lots of guests came to see these two very special people.

Take care,  I keep saying I'm going to bed but I need to let you all know
that I care about what you have to say so I need to write back to you.  1pm
now.

A hug for you and for Don     Love     Vicci

----------
> From: NLPOST@aol.com
> To: mol-cancer@lists.meds.com
> Subject: Re: [MOL] Welcome Back!
> Date: Tuesday, July 21, 1998 1:26 PM
>
> Hi Sheila,
> I lost my Father 10 years ago, I think I cried every day, off to myself,
for
> half those years.  He was jack of all trades and master of none as the
saying
> goes, well I learned a lot from him.  He was always doing free repairs
for the
> Old and the Poor, soon after he was gone, people started calling on me
for
> their repairs, and every time I completed one, on the way home I would
have a
> talk with my Dad, asking him if I done a good job, He'd say yes, I am
proud of
> you.  Sometimes we would have a talk on the way to a job that was a tough
one,
> he would remind me how to do it on the way.  I have all is woodworking
tools,
> and he watches over me every time I am making something.  Last year he
came to
> me while I was cutting out some wood thing for my crafts, I stopped
working,
> he said to me, I am very proud of you, you have taken over my work on
earth,
> you are taking good care of my Love and your Mother, now you can go it on
your
> own, I started crying, he wiped the tears from my eyes and said, you are
going
> to be just fine, I promise you, and God has other work for me, and it is
time
> for you to let go of me, you will always be able to feel how very proud
of you
> that I am.  Now get back to work, the saw turned itself on, so I went
back to
> work.  And I have done fine, until now, with Don, I do get a little
messed up
> sometimes.  I know I'll make it through this, because Dear Sheila, you
made me
> remember the trust my Father placed in me to be able to take care of the
Old,