[MOL] Welcome [12869] Medicine On Line

[MOL] Welcome

Dear Tom,

Welcome to the mol family.  You will not find a better bunch of people
than here.  I suggest that you put up your feet and relax for one of the
wildest most energizing rides of your life.  Where are you being treated?
 I am sure that this group can benefit from some of your knowledge but
understand that right now you are the patient and along with the rest of
us, you will get help here on diet, improving the imune system and
finding that a positive and foward looking spirit is essential to this
journey.  We are all in the same position of being a survivor or
caregiver and in the need from time to time for some tender loving care.
 We also share the need to experience the joy of giving that tender
loving care to someone else.

So, again, a warm welcome and I look forward to getting to know you.  I
too had squamous cell carcinoma of the nose and mouth.  Had 16 hours of
surgery at Sloan Kettering in NYC that included removal of nose and
upper jaw, and reconstruction of the jaw from the left forearm (hip bone
used to replace the forearm bone).  All of that was followed with 27
treatments of Radiation therapy.  In spite of a biopsy scare, have been
cancer free and back to work in the business end of cancer research for a
year now.  A positive attitude, strong faith and support from friends
here have seen me through every step of the way.

God Bless.
John
lehnerj1@ix.netcom.com
ps:  you should get 2 copies of this message...one direct to you and the
other through mol.  If you do not get the message with the subject
"Re:(MOL)Welcome"  then you are not subscribed...go to
http://www.meds.com/forums/consumer.html and follow the instructions to
subscribe.  Chat with you later.