[MOL] Mary.... [12841] Medicine On Line

[MOL] Mary....

You wrote that your husband has not asked about his prognosis and neither have you....now you are wondering if you should...  My heart says no, my dear...  I think we would all be better off if we did not know the statistics, for once we learn them.. we can't help but hold them somewhere in our sub-conscious...  Statistics are just that; numbers on paper...  The 100 people they use for coming up with statistics are comprised of different ages, sexes, attitudes, lifestyles, eating habits, exercise habits, personalities, frames of minds, stubbornness, determination, goals.. etc.,  (I guess you are getting my drift)...

Anyway, remember that if you don't know what is expected for you to perform..you don't always do it...  It reminds me of  school..  I can remember hearing parents say "my Jimmy is a C student"... "my Johnny is an A student"...  I have always wondered if Jimmy was a C student because he was told that was what he was... I think that our minds are a very powerful tool and that we do our best utilizing that tool when we want to do our best.  I think that if there is ever a time that you need to know the statistics, then your husband will be the one to ask...

Put all of your effort and love into living each day with joy and determination.. I know you are a wonderful support and I pray that someone is supporting you too... May God Bless you both.. Love, Carla