Re: [MOL] Liposarcoma Information..HELP! [12836] Medicine On Line

Re: [MOL] Liposarcoma Information..HELP!

Hi Al:  How good of you to be researching for your mother and we are here to help you in any way possible.  I have listed the best sites and would suggest that you go into the archives of Medicine On Line, to see the case histories.  Good luck and let us know how you and your mother are doing/  Your friend, Lillian American Association of Health Plans
Membership Department
129 20th Street NW, Suite 600
Washington, DC 20036
(202)778-3200
Web site: http://www.aahp.org/
Insurance industry trade association that will provide information on insurance and health care issues.

Blue Cross and Blue Shield Association
675 North St. Claire Street
Chicago, IL 60601
(312)440-6000

Department of Health and Human Services
Inspector General Hotline
Office of the Inspector General
P.O. Box 23489
Washington, DC 20026
(800)368-5779
U.S. government hotline for complaints regarding Medicare or Medicaid; provides assistance with issues of entitlements, benefits, insurance, and community resources.

Disabled American Veterans
807 Main Avenue SW
Washington, DC 20024
(202)554-3501
(202)554-3581 FAX
Web site: http://www.dav.org/
Provides assistance with health benefits for U.S. veterans.

Hill-Burton Free Hospital Care
5600 Fishers Lane, Room 7-47
Rockville, MD 20857
(800)683-0742 Hotline
(301)594-5999 FAX
Web site: http://www.hrsa.dhhs.gov/bhrd/dfcr/dfcrmain.htm
U.S. government program that can arrange for cost-assisted care for disadvantaged individuals at certain medical facilities or hospitals.

National Insurance Consumer Hotline
1001 Pennsylvania Avenue, NW
Washington, DC 20004
(800)942-4242
Provides assistance in finding insurance coverage, information on insurance issues and a consumer complaint service.

                                            SUPPORT SERVICE TRAVEL

                                             Support Services: Hair Loss

Look Good, Feel Better
The American Cancer Society
(800)395-LOOK
Teaches women who have undergone cancer treatment how to improve appearance through cosmetics, wigs, scarfs, etc.

Y-ME WIG
212 West Van Buren Street, 4th Floor
Chicago, IL 60607
(800)221-2141
(312)294-8598 FAX
Web site: http://www.y-me.org/
Provides donated wigs free of charge.

Al wrote:

My mother has recurrent myxoid liposarcoma.  We would like to become
well versed with this disease.  Can anyone tell us where the best
sources of info are?  Best treatments(traditional & alternative),
doctors?  Also any case histories would be helpful.