Re: [MOL] Clinical trials help! [12833] Medicine On Line

Re: [MOL] Clinical trials help!

HMar979068@aol.com wrote:

> Hey guys,
>      I am looking for any imfo that anyone may have on clinical trials.  I
> would really like  to hear from someone who has participating in one.  I have
> stage IV non small cell lung cancer.  I have imfo from NCI an trials that are
> now going on, but how do you get in?  Everywhere that we call says well
> nothing is proven and you have to go thru conventional treatment first.  Well,
> I have been given Zero chance of survival so if I can not get in who does?  I
> am only 35 years old and have so much to live for.  I will try anything I just
> can not find that ANYTHING!.  Thanks for any information.
>         Debbie Martens
Dear Debbie,

My husband Angelo also has stage lV non small cell lung cancer.  He
is currently recieving chemotherapy.  Taxol and carboplatin.  He
has had 3 treatments and is scheduled for 3 more. After that I
 don't know what they have in store for him.  I have contacted a
Dr. Lederman in Staten Island New York about a new procedure called
stereotactic radiosurgery.  It has a very high sucess rate.  It is
not surgery, It is pinpoint radiation.   The phone number is 800-
285-4584.  The Dr. himself called me back and told me to send my
husbands latest CT Scans and x-rays for evaluation.  There is also
a web site at www.siuh.edu

I hope this helps you.  I will pray for you also.

God Bless,
Mary