Re: [MOL] My Seventh Friend/Mary Ann [12832] Medicine On Line

Re: [MOL] My Seventh Friend/Mary Ann

Christine, don't be afraid to do this...one of the most important things
I ever learned when doing pastoral training in a hospital was that we do
not have to "fix" things for people. The wise pastor I worked with, who
is still my mentor, would have me just sit with folks, some of them on
life support, where I could do nothing except "be" with them. He taught
me that the act of simply being with someone can be a very healing gift.
You don't even have to say much of anything. You're being there can say
it all. You and your neighbor will be in my prayers. Love, Joicy