Re: [MOL] Clinical trials help! [12827] Medicine On Line

Re: [MOL] Clinical trials help!

Hi Debbie:  I believe to ge into clinical trials it is better if your doctor refers you.  Also you will need to check to see if your insurance will cover clinical trials.  You did not tell us what type of cancer you have, what stage and the perticulars.  The best way to explain it to you is that doctors perform the type treatment that is associated with their hospital.  By giving us some more information we can point you into different directions and different sites to help you acquire the knowledge you need  I will include in this some useful information for you; however we really need more information in regards to your specific condition.  Your friend, Lillian American Association of Health Plans
Membership Department
129 20th Street NW, Suite 600
Washington, DC 20036
(202)778-3200
Web site: http://www.aahp.org/
Insurance industry trade association that will provide information on insurance and health care issues.

Blue Cross and Blue Shield Association
675 North St. Claire Street
Chicago, IL 60601
(312)440-6000

Department of Health and Human Services
Inspector General Hotline
Office of the Inspector General
P.O. Box 23489
Washington, DC 20026
(800)368-5779
U.S. government hotline for complaints regarding Medicare or Medicaid; provides assistance with issues of entitlements, benefits, insurance, and community resources.

Disabled American Veterans
807 Main Avenue SW
Washington, DC 20024
(202)554-3501
(202)554-3581 FAX
Web site: http://www.dav.org/
Provides assistance with health benefits for U.S. veterans.

Hill-Burton Free Hospital Care
5600 Fishers Lane, Room 7-47
Rockville, MD 20857
(800)683-0742 Hotline
(301)594-5999 FAX
Web site: http://www.hrsa.dhhs.gov/bhrd/dfcr/dfcrmain.htm
U.S. government program that can arrange for cost-assisted care for disadvantaged individuals at certain medical facilities or hospitals.

National Insurance Consumer Hotline
1001 Pennsylvania Avenue, NW
Washington, DC 20004
(800)942-4242
Provides assistance in finding insurance coverage, information on insurance issues and a consumer complaint service.

                                            SUPPORT SERVICE TRAVEL

                                             Support Services: Hair Loss

Look Good, Feel Better
The American Cancer Society
(800)395-LOOK
Teaches women who have undergone cancer treatment how to improve appearance through cosmetics, wigs, scarfs, etc.

Y-ME WIG
212 West Van Buren Street, 4th Floor
Chicago, IL 60607
(800)221-2141
(312)294-8598 FAX
Web site: http://www.y-me.org/
Provides donated wigs free of charge.

HMar979068@aol.com wrote:

Hey guys,
     I am looking for any imfo that anyone may have on clinical trials.  I
would really like  to hear from someone who has participating in one.  I have
stage IV non small cell lung cancer.  I have imfo from NCI an trials that are
now going on, but how do you get in?  Everywhere that we call says well
nothing is proven and you have to go thru conventional treatment first.  Well,
I have been given Zero chance of survival so if I can not get in who does?  I
am only 35 years old and have so much to live for.  I will try anything I just
can not find that ANYTHING!.  Thanks for any information.
        Debbie Martens