Re: [MOL] Interested in treatment possibilities [12808] Medicine On Line

EHendryx@aol.com wrote:

> I have recently been diagnosed w/ pulmonary adenocarcinoma of the
> bronchoalveolar type ( I believe). The only treatment being discussed by my
> physician is chemotherapy (a combination of taxol and carboplatin). The two
> doctors I have consulted differed in their opinion regarding how much time
> this treatment might offer, but it may only improve the quality of my life for
> a matter of months. Obviously, I am interested in what is ongoing as far as
> treatment alternatives and/or clinical trials. Have recently contracted w/
> Best Doctors for info re:who's doing the best work w/ this illness, but have
> received no reports and been encouraged to investigate clinical trials. \
>
> Please forward any relevant information you might have so that my husband and
> I can make better informed treatment decisions.
>
> Thank you,
> Eloise Hendryx
>
> ps I am new to using the Internet and e-mail
Dear Eloise,

My husband has adenocarcinoma of the lung Stage lV.  His is currently
taking Taxol and carboplatin chem.  He has had three treatments and
is scheduled for three more.  After that I don't know what they have
in mind.  I have contacted Dr. Lederman in Staten Island.  He does
a procedure caled Stereotactic Radiosurgery.  He advised me to send
my husbands latest CT Scan and x-rays so that he could review them
and determine whether or not my husband would be a good candidate
for this procedure.

This procedure is supposed to be very promising.  Very high success
rate.  It is pinpoint radiation without damaging good tissue.
The number to call for informaiton is 800-285-4584/  There is also
a web site at www.siuh.edu

Good luck and feel free to e-mail me anytime.  I will pray for you.

God Bless,
Mary