[MOL] Opinion & Status [12780] Medicine On Line

[MOL] Opinion & Status

Hi everyone!

I have been on this list since May of this year, I don't post much not that
I don't read what goes on here but am somewhat shy and really get more from
these lists by just reading and digesting.

Any way, I have NSC Lung Cancer, I have gone through 6 weeks of two a day
radiation along with taxitere (spelling).  The side effects were minimal
slight sore esophagus and throat, no nausal.  Finished up with the first
round on the 19th of June, and then problems started, they found out about
two weeks ago that two lymp nodes in my neck are infected, and my upper
throat area started welling.  They wanted to start treatment immediately
but put it off so they could try and get some of the swelling down.   This
week they decided to start with the chemo, navalbien and cisplatium, which
I just had day before yesterday and so far the side effects have been
minimal (no nausal or vomitting).

My point through all this rambling is that not everyone reacts the same to
treatments,  heck I have lost very little hair,  I also believe that how
sick you get from the side effects depends on your state of mind to a large
degree.

I feel that if we approach Cancer with the right attitude and treat it as a
curable disease, it can and will be conquered.

Thanks for letting me ramble...

Emmett