[MOL] some info for Jenny and all [12736] Medicine On Line

[MOL] some info for Jenny and all

Dear Jenny,

AS you know my wife as well had a CUP (Carcinoma of an Unknown Primary).

While this type of diagnosis rare, it is very treatable. Is the liver a

metastasis or is it really a primary?  Many times the primary  for some

uncertain reason disappears. The difficult part is that Oncologists have

to guess as to the type of treatment to administer when the diagnosis is

unknown and poorly differentiated. HOwever, they will and should

aggressively treat the metastasis to get under control and cured as you

say.

I believe in time she will address and overcome all the emotions,

whether denial, or anger and fear and then she will take charge. YOur

job as caregiver is to research as you are doing and then provide her

with all the information necessary for her to make decisions. If she

choses not to take charge at this time, that is ok because there will

come a time when she will ask you to explain the options.  Just keep

doing what you are doing and she will come around. Don't push her as it

causes undue stress. Just a suggestion.

The chemo you are describing has been in existence for sometime and is

utilized for a number of cancer diseases with great success.

Pls do keep in touch and keep asking your questions.

God bless

marty auslander