RE: [MOL] Some infor for Smb [12572] Medicine On Line

RE: [MOL] Some infor for Smb

Sherry,

The Doctors used the "visible tumor" term on me too.  As I'm going through
this cancering stuff, I'm coming to be of the opinion that its hard for us who
are not medical professionals to compare two cases together.  Sometimes
it sounds like two people have similiar cancers, but the prescribed treatments
are often varied.

But in my case, I came to "understand" that when they operated, they removed
everything that was obviously part of the cancer, but they are very sure that
some microscopic remains were left behind, because they were afraid that
they'd do more damage than good by really trying to get it all.  (My cancer is
in my brain.)  The plan then, was to remove the visible cancer, and then
kill all the "baby" cancers with chemo and radiation.

I read an interesting article in "Time" magazine not too long ago--remember
the popular story of the scientist in Europe who can cure cancer in mice?
That article went into a bit of detail talking about how the cancer site often
grows new cancer when it is removed.  The scientists approach to curing
the cancer seemed to emphasize killing the blood veins that grow to
support the cancer.

Love,

Ross

p.s., I don't have your photo for the MOL Photo Album yet!