Re: [MOL] Insurance Companies [12557] Medicine On Line

Re: [MOL] Insurance Companies

In Canada, our health care system is totally government run. Everyone has a
health card number and, you are correct, they can just about tell your life
story from one little number. Most treatments, etc are covered. I did not
have to pay anything for any tests or treatments that I had. I do know
people who had to rent equipment, i.e. heart monitors, etc., and they had
to go into debt.
I think you are correct in the assumption that people will judge you
differently and insurance companies will not insure you. I am making sure I
don't lapse on my life insurance policy or I would not be able to get
another one. Who said that life was fair!
Christine