Re: [MOL] Re: IQ Test for tomorrow/allergies... [12503] Medicine On Line

Re: [MOL] Re: IQ Test for tomorrow/allergies...

The Michigan State Flower is the "Apple Blossom."  We have lotsa
wild roses here too--lots of simulairities, actually.  Apple trees in
blossom are very pretty...I'll bet there are lots of poets who have
whiled away hours describing them (or their smell.)

I sure don't know much about medication, but I know that morphine
is strong--after my brain surgery, I felt ready to go home with my
head in a turbin (sp?)  I'm told that I was propped up with the
maximum legal dosage of morphine, but when I think about it,
I would have had to be in major pain without it.  The doctor sawed
a hole in my head around the size of the reach of my fingers and
yanked out a tumor with a come-along (well--I was sleeping, maybe
they didn't use a come-along.)  At the time though, I felt fine!

Again, I don't know much about medications, but one of my
neighbors was given an extremely large dose of radiation back
in the early days of cancer treatment--she is cured but is constantly
on medication for the radiation after effects.  The other day, her
husband was telling me she takes her Morphine in a patch, much
like the "quit-smoking" gimicks you see advertised.  He said
they like the patch very much--it gives a slow, controlled dosage
that lasts for three days.

Good luck with your dear Mother!

Ross