Re: [MOL] Re Vicci! [12333] Medicine On Line

Re: [MOL] Re Vicci!

Hi Vicci,
I have had some experience with people who fail to concern themselves with
the needs of others. I have tended to put up with it when I shouldn't have.
The problem is, behavior doesn't change if people will put up with
misbehavior. He behaves himself at the doctor's office because he knows
they won't (don't have time to) put up with the nonsense.

Have you ever dealt with an alcoholic or with the rehab programs? Some of
us tend to be enablers. This is a much discussed topic with people in the
alcohol rehab program. It isn't only alcoholism that has enablers. We who
love someone who exhibits inappropriate behavior tend to make excuses for
it because we love him/her. We are not doing him a favor and we are
certainly not helping ourselves.

A winning personality which attracts others is often accompanied by an
attitude that "the rules that govern the rest of the world don't apply to
me." And as long as that attitude is reinforced by the rest of the family
it won't change.

I knew they made us take all those psychology classes for something. I
guess I sound like a teacher, again. (lol)

Your friend

Liz P. Of Yakima