[MOL] Marty [11652] Medicine On Line

[MOL] Marty

I am glad that you logged on and got the news about Ron.. It hurt so bad and I hurt with the news.... I know that you and Barb do too and that John, Lil, Diana, and Sally are going to hurt alot too when they read the news.  I also forwarded it to Barbara Silverman.

I have missed Ron for a long time.. He and I used to do alot of emailing back and forth offline and he has been too sick to do that for a long time..  Maybe that was a part of God's way of partially preparing me for the loss of a dear brother...  part of the core of my heart and the initial group that helped to bring me up from the dark sea of cancer...

I do believe in God and I do believe in heaven and I do believe that our Ron has ceased his suffering, having given his disease a most brilliant fight.  Ron was the brother who reached inside those he knew and brought out the best of them.  He was the artist, who painted beautiful landscapes of New York City, for those of us who had never seen it and making those who have.. question what they missed in viewing it through their own eyes...

Ron respected all peoples rights to their own opinions and it was on rare occasion that he posted to any discussion being bantered back and forth with differing opinions, unless he believed that he could make a difference.....  Ron respected all religious beliefs and never tried to sway one to his own, but found the commonality of love to share.

Ron also had a good sense of humor and seemed to spend much of his time of pain comforting those inflicting it upon him, with this wonderful humor...  He could laugh about everything except those speakers in the rooms at the hospital....  Getting those removed would be a wonderful memorial to Ron....

I just finished reading through many of his emails, both to mol and to me and I found one where he said:

Smiling myself away, like the Cheshire cat, disappearing into the air ... only the smile left ...

You'd better get to bed too

-- Ron

Well our dear friend Ron...  you were a smile in my life and my heart will forever carry your smile....  I know you found your light Ron...  In my Christian belief...  I pray that my light, Jesus has found you.  Until the day when we meet again my friend....  Lifting up my love... Carla